- High blood pressure
- Infectious skin diseases, or skin conditions, as they can deteriorate during a thermal spa visit
- Cardiovascular conditions, heart problems, high blood pressure
- High temperature
- Varicose veins
Medical conditions that exclude massage therapy
Massage is not allowed:
for children under 16 massage is not allowed, between 16-18 massage may only be done with parental supervision
- during pregnancy
- in case of infectious or repulsive skin condition
- in case of unattended hypertonia
- freshly after surgery or inflammation
- for cancer patients
- in case of strongly varicose veins
- for guests with pacemaker, dangerous heart condition
Children in Gellert Spa
If you are pregnant, have certain medical conditions (such as high blood pressure, diabetes or have had cancer within the last 5 years), or have an allergy, please consult your doctor and please also let us know, prior to making a reservation or if your medical condition changes after a valid booking has been made.
We reserve the right to request and view a doctor’s letter prior to entering the Spa or providing a treatment and, if necessary, to refuse the treatment on medical grounds or ask that you sign a disclaimer.
Pregnancy Massages in Gellert Spa: Unfortunately, no thermal baths in Budapest offers pregnancy massage in the baths to avoid any potential medical complications.